If you are anything like I was, you are thinking that river cruises are for the older generation, right? So was I until I became a travel agent and begin the training and research. Now, I am so stoked about taking my first river cruise. I am a girl who loves travel, food and wine; a river cruise offers all of these amenities and more.
A river cruise offers spacious staterooms with plenty of room to relax-to include special touches, such as regional wines and beer offered with every onboard dinner (yes, it’s included depending on the cruise). Most river cruises offer a culinary experience for the most discerning of palettes and the dining experience should exceed expectations. Every meal onboard offers the guests a rich selection of complimentary craft and local beers, spirits, and distinctive wines chosen by an acclaimed sommelier. Wine yay!
A majority if not all river cruise lines offers an all-inclusive amenities with your fare–that’s what I like best about taking a river cruise.
- All gratuities onboard and onshore
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and bottled water
- All meals onboard, impeccably prepared by our chefs using the finest and freshest ingredients from local farmers’ markets
- All scheduled airport transfers*
- Shore excursions hosted by English-speaking local experts, with “Choice Is Yours,” “Gentle Walking,” and “Go Active” options
- Complimentary portable audio headset system used on all shore excursions
- A variety of complimentary culinary experiences and onboard dining options
- All entertainment and Signature Lectures
Doesn’t it just sound great? A river cruise offers more than just a sail down a river; it offers amazing cuisine that paired with spirits, wines and craft beers, cultural as well as educational lectures and tours in major cities of the country you are sailing. A river cruise offers plenty of activities onboard to one occupied.
When you choose a river cruise, you choose exciting itineraries offered in
fantastic countries such as these :
- North America
- South America
Sailing Europe’s glorious rivers—the Danube, Main, Rhine, Moselle, Rhône, Saône, Seine, Po, and Douro—you will discover the heart of Europe’s charming waterside villages and exciting cultural centers while enjoying the most relaxing way to vacation.
Marvel at the geographic diversity of China, from the mountains of Tibet to the grand gorges of the Yangtze.
Discover the soul of Russia along the shores of the Volga River.
From Ho Chi Minh City, through the Mekong Delta so rich in human life and endeavor, to the diverse countryside of Cambodia, you’ll discover two countries, two cultures, and two ways of life linked by one river, the Mekong, that have shaped these nations.
So think outside of your contemporary cruise to the Caribbean and think RIVER CRUISE. The river cruise itineraries sound fantastic! Can’t smell the food and just taste the wine. So Why Wait?
Contrenia L. Fluker, Travel Designer
Dream Vacations, Why Wait Travels